BPR1 BOBTAIL AIR VALVE
The BP-R1 Bobtail Air Valve (SKU: 065145P) manufactured by Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems, sold by Ranco.com Parts, is a brake valve that functions as a standard relay valve and a proportioned valve, with a 4-port delivery. The Bobtail Air Valve is designed for use on a tractor trailer only. The BP-R1 model is a combination of two individual valves in a single housing for optimal braking performance. Here at Ranco.com Parts, we are proud to offer valves and replacement valve parts from Bendix to our customers. Shop all available brake valves and other parts from the Ranco.com Parts Store today!
The body of the BP-R1 valve is made of a service brake relay valve, which functions as a relay station to speed up brake application and release. The cover is the brake proportioning valve, which reduces normal service brake application pressure when the trailer isn't hauling a heavy load.
During bobtail tractor operation, the BP-R1 Bobtail Air Valve improves controllability and reduces stopping distances by reducing air pressure to the rear actuators/ chambers, whose axle load has been greatly reduced.
- Supply: 1/2"
- Delivery: 2 @ 3/8" FPT Side, 2 @ 3/8" FPT Bottom
- Control: 1/8"
- Service: 1/4"
- Crack Pressure: 4.0 PSI
Maintenance as recommended by Bendix:
- Every 3 months, or 25,000 miles or 900 operating hours:
- Remove any accumulated contaminates and visually inspect the exterior for excessive corrosion and physical damage.
- Inspect all air lines connected to the BP-R1™ valve for signs of wear or physical damage. Replace, as necessary.
- Test airline fittings for excessive leakage and tighten or replace, as necessary.
- Perform the Leakage Test described in this manual
|Country of Origin||USA|
|Connections||Supply: 1/2" Delivery: 2 @ 3/8" FPT Side, 2 @ 3/8" FPT Bottom Control: 1/8" Service: 1/4"|
|Flow Rating||Crack Pressure: 4.0 PSI|
|Function||Designed for use on tractor only.|
|Operating Temperature Range||N/A|
|Operation||Designed for use on tractor only. Functions as a standard relay valve and a proportioned valve, 4 port delivery.|
|Pressure||Crack Pressure: 4.0 PSI|